Mayor & Council
Council is made up of a Mayor and four Councillors who are elected every four years.
Meeting ID: 836 5238 6073
Anyone wishing to contact a member of Council can do so in one of the following manners:
|Corporation of the Township of Chisholm
|2847 Chiswick Line
|Powassan, ON P0H 1Z0
On behalf of Council, Staff, Businesses, Farmers and Community Members, I am both privileged and honoured to welcome you to Chisholm, our little corner of the world, a hidden gem, that we call home.
Chisholm is fortunate to be situated less than three hours north of Toronto and less than thirty minutes south of North Bay. Thereby offering the best of both worlds, access to the many amenities offered in a larger city while still affording a sense of privacy and peacefulness.
It is country living at its’ finest, steeped rich in history, where quality of life is enhanced through a connection with nature. Our gently rolling hills, farmlands, forests, lakes, rivers and wildlife are sure to captivate. Whether you are looking to take up residence or just pay us a visit, many outdoor opportunities await. If you are looking to camp, fish, cross-country ski, snowshoe, hike, golf, hunt, kayak, snowmobile, or just spend time by the campfire enjoying a starry night, Chisholm is the place for you.
Our diverse community is both friendly and welcoming. Our farming community is flourishing, our connectivity is growing, more and more small businesses are being established and collaborative relationships with our neighbouring communities are being fostered.
So, come and enjoy some locally grown produce, meat raised by the farmer next door, hot from the oven Amish donuts, fresh cheeses and preserves, many goods from our local artisans and so much more.
Should you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me at the following email: email@example.com or I can be reached by phone at the Chisholm Township Office: (705) 724-3526 Welcome to Chisholm!
Gail Dégagné, Mayor
- To act as representatives of his/her constituents;
- To determine the range and level of services and programs which are provided to the residents of the municipality; and
- To work with staff to provide a clear sense of political direction and vision for the Township.
The Mayor is the Head of Council for the Township of Chisholm. Some of the duties of the Mayor include:
- To provide leadership on the affairs of Council and its committees;
- To act as a public spokesperson for the municipality on major issues of policy and direction;
- To liaise with various levels of government;
- To represent and support Council decisions; and
- To ensure the planning by Council effectively addresses the strategic issues facing the municipality.