Planning & Building
The Ontario Building Code Act and Code are Regulations that are set in place by the Province of Ontario. Under the requirements of this Act, Municipalities are responsible for the enforcement of the Act, Code and governing regulations. The Building Code sets minimum standards, which ensures public safety and uniformity in the construction industry.
Building permits are required for:
- The construction of a new home;
- An addition (of any size) to an existing building, including residential, commercial and farm buildings, decks, swimming pools, storage buildings, garages, etc;
- Renovations or alterations to existing buildings depending of the change and type of materials used;
- The construction of any structure/accessory building *(garage, shed, etc.) with an area greater than 106 square feet;
- The construction of farm buildings.
- A permit is also required for demolition of a building, as well as for re-shingling a roof.**
|Please note: It is very important when submitting an Application for a Building Permit that you make sure all the necessary forms are filled out and that you are submitting all of the required paperwork. (See below)|
* Please note: According to By-law No. 91-08, “An accessory building or structure may only be located after the main use has been erected.”
** If it's only a small repair job on a roof, please contact the Chief Building Official, Paul Gervais, at 705-752-2740 and if a permit is not needed, he will issue a letter to permit you to take the old shingles to the landfill site. Without a permit or a letter, no shingles will be accepted at the landfill.**
Building Permit Applications can be obtained at the Township Office or below. Applications from the North-Mattawa Conservation Authority for construction or alteration of a sewage disposal system are also available at the office or at nbmca.on.ca.
Requirements to Obtain a Building Permit
Building Permit Application (2020)
Building Permit Fee Annual Report is issued pursuant to the requirements of Section 7(4) of the Building Code Act, as amended. This report sets out the Total Fees collected, a summary of the indirect and direct costs of administration and enforcement and the statement of reserve funds for building services.
Building Permit Fee Annual Report 2014
Building Permit Fee Annual Report 2015
Building Permit Fee Annual Report 2016
- Consents/Severance applications
- Minor Variances
- Lakeshore Road Allowance
- Zoning By-law Amendments
- Official Plan Policies
Development Application Pre-consultation Checklist
Application for Consent - Fillable PDF
Application for Minor Variance or for Permission
Application to Purchase Lakeshore or Road Allowance
Public Notice of Application
See the notices below, that the Committee of Adjustment will be discussing at their next meeting June 6, 2023 at 7:00 p.m.